I’m back to 2800 calories a day and almost 2 gallons of water!!!
I’m back to 2800 calories a day and almost 2 gallons of water!!!
NEW CHALLENGES ARE STARTING FEB 18TH!!! I’m looking for 5 Ladies for my next Challenge and to join our 2 Ton Mission!!! FIRED UP AND FIT Challenge for Summer 2013!!! Message me for details!!! Let’s GO LADIES!!!
My coach organization, THAT TEAM, is organizing an online community and support group called the 2 TON MISSION. The focus of the group and community will be to lose a collective 4000 (2 tons) or more body fat in 2013, starting on January 1st! This group will be completely FREE and ANYONE can join. Our only goal is to get as many people as possible in to a fit and healthy lifestyle by providing the community and support to make it fun and engaging. Whether you are doing P90X, running, going to the gym, etc… WE WANT YOU TO BE A PART OF THIS MOVEMENT!
THAT TEAM’s 2 TON MISSION
The 2 TON MISSION is simple. Join the message board with a simple username and password, along with an access password provided by myself, your own coach that is part of THAT TEAM. Once you are in the group you can privately log your progress with simple waist and weight measurements. The site will then use this information to again privately add your body fat loss progress to the overall total. The end result is that that you will be part of a movement much larger and more significant than something like the Biggest Loser. This will be an interactive group of online friends working together to obliterate 4000 pounds of real body fat.
We in THAT TEAM are waging the WAR on obesity and body fat… and we are serious about winning!
The discussion forums that you will have access to as a part of the 2 TON MISSION will be a place of support, helpful information, and encouragement. We want EVERYONE, regardless of fitness level or experience to feel welcome and to feel like their voice can be heard and their questions and opinions matter. That is why the boards will have specific rules that allow for constructive discussion and absolute support, with the good of the community in mind.
How to Join the 2 TON MISSION
First of all, you need an assigned coach from Beachbody. This is completely FREE and there is no obligation to buy anything. This is merely so we know which coach is assigned to support every member of the 2 TON MISSION.
If you already have a Coach from THAT TEAM, you are set! You can move ahead to Step #2.
If you do not have a Beachbody Coach, contact a coach you know or you can contact me by sending me a message here and we can get you set up with a free membership!
If you have a coach, discuss your needs with your current coach and see if your coach is willing to support you. If you are unable to reach your coach or would prefer to have a different coach, you have the ability to change coaches if that is your desire. However, do not contact me about changing coaches without making an effort to work with your current coach first.
Good Job! Now…
Once you have set your coach, you can join the community. Click the banner below to go to THAT TEAM’s website and join the MISSION! Once you’ve joined the mission you will receive an email with a link to our community forum. You will need to set a username, password, and list me or your other THAT TEAM coach in the “Coach” field to register for the forums. You will receive the access code from me at the completion of STEP #1. If you do not have an access code and have completed STEP #1, Contact Me and I will get you the access code immediately!
Really, we just want this to be a fun way for you to be accountable and find success in health and fitness. We can’t help you if you don’t participate. We have an awesome group of coaches and members that can be there for a number of things. Tips and help with fitness, nutrition, and support. Ideas and ways to stay motivated. As much as we want to hit an overall big number with the 2 TON MISSION, we are more concerned with our ability to help each individual with their own success and find their way to a fitter, healthier, and happier life. If you interact with us, we will make it happen.
Also, if you have never calculated your body fat percentage, here is a simple calculator one of my teammates put together to help you determine you body fat (Click 2 TON MISSION Body Fat Calculator). The reason we will be calculating body fat instead of just weight, is that weight is not an accurate representation of body composition. Many times people lose body fat working out but do not drop weight on the scale, and end up quitting exercise… even though they are SUCCEEDING! So use the simple calculator to determine your body fat and enter into the 2 TON MISSION!
Become a part of a great community while learning ways to really win the battle for a healthy lifestyle. It’s all about sharing knowledge and support… those are the keys to your success. Join us and be a part of something… and stay motivated long enough to learn new habits that last a lifetime!
#realtalk #truth #quote #qotd #liftheavy #gymflow #getreal #fearless #rawr #allornothing #justdoit #weighttraining #strongwomen #girlswithmuscles #noexcuses #beastmode #instagramfitness
THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF LIFTING WEIGHTS
Lifting weights is primarily thought of as a way of increasing muscular size, strength and power, and while this is certainly one of the benefits, there is a whole lot more that occurs within the body during and after a weight-training session.
- Reduce Health Risks - Lifting weights helps to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes, as well as lowering blood pressure, LDL cholesterol, stress and anxiety, while also helping to boost the immune system.
- Increase Muscle Size, Strength and Power - Resistance training is the best way to increase muscular strength, size and power. If a stimulus such as resistance training is provided, the muscles must adapt to be able to repeat the movement at a later date.
- Body Composition - Lifting weights is an excellent way to alter body composition. Lifting weight allows one to take advantage of exercise post oxygen consumption, or EPOC, which means that the body burns calories at an extended rate while recovering from the micro trauma caused by weight training. This accelerated calorie burn helps to reduce body fat and increase lean body mass.
- Flexibility - Many don’t realize it, but weight training also can improve one’s flexibility. This is true because the muscles and joints are repeatedly moved through their entire range of motion, much like one would do if performing dynamic stretches.
- Bone Density - Weight training helps to maintain bone density. The bones respond to weight training similarly to muscles in that they grow stronger and denser, helping to reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Reduce Injury Risk - Lifting weights help to prevent injuries by making the muscles and bones stronger. This is especially important for those who wish to avoid knee, back or other joint pains.
- Improve Posture and Balance - Resistance training can improve posture and balance. With a properly designed program, one can improve posture and balance by strengthening the muscles required for good posture and balance.
- Self-Confidence - Lifting weights improves strength, body composition, flexibility, bone density, helps to prevent injury, and improves posture and balance, which can in turn lead to improved self-confidence.
Lift weights ladies!!!
ESPN Films 30 for 30 Shorts - Arnold’s Blueprint (by THEknoww)
Simply amazing! What Arnold Schwarzenegger has accomplished and how he started was nothing short of amazing. We all have that potential built in us already. Harness it, discover your passion, your dream, your vision. Build your goals around that vision and do whatever it takes to accomplish it.
You are bloody joking.
“If we learn to open our hearts, anyone, including the people who drive us crazy, can be our teacher.” ~Pema Chodron
Every person you meet has something special to give you—that is, if you are open to receiving it.
Each encounter offers you the gift of greater self-awareness by illustrating…
Working to get as close to this as possible! Well maybe not that vascular LOL.
A lot of girls tell me their goal is to lose weight.
The thing is, I assume most of you girls want to lose FAT, not just weight in general. Losing weight in general would mean also losing muscle. The reason I think you wouldn’t want to do that, is because if you lose muscle, you will wind up ‘skinny fat’ with little to no ‘tone’ and slow your metabolism so that it becomes FAR more likely you will gain back the weight PLUS more.
If you have ever met someone who has yo-yo dieted I’m sure they can vouch for this. Sure the weight comes off fast at first, but the reason for that is because these crash/yoyo/fad/starvation type diets cause a significant loss of water and muscle weight. Then once normal eating is resumed (as it is difficult to stay on those types of diets for a lifetime), the weight comes back.
Less muscle = slower metabolism = less calories burned in a day
More muscle = faster metabolism = more calories burned just by being ALIVE
If you want to lose FAT, not just WEIGHT, the foods you choose are crucial. You can’t just eat chips and candy all day or you will just lose WEIGHT. Your body does not give up it’s fat stores so easily as they are your body’s safety blanket against starvation. You have to, in essence, TRICK your body into giving up the fat by feeding it the RIGHT foods. If you have noticed yourself losing weight, but that you are not ‘toning up’ this is probably partially the reason. These foods include lean proteins, complex carbs and healthy fats.
Try to get a serving of lean protein at every meal. Complex carbs digest slowly, keeping insulin stable and giving you energy over a longer period of time. Healthy fats help you LOSE fat. Check out the grocery list and meal plan on my page for an example of these foods!
In addition to clean eating, it’s crucial that you start weight training if you haven’t already. Running will not make you ‘toned’, weight training WILL. And I’m not talking the baby beauty bells… I’m talking real weight that challenges you! =)
For the ladies!
I am often asked how to deal with friends and family who don’t understand the desire to eat healthy and exercise. Honestly, it can be rough at first. What you need to keep in mind though is that it’s natural for people to be wary of things they don’t completely understand. When you decide to change your lifestyle to something of a healthier nature, be prepared for people to question and criticize you and perhaps even make fun of you. Some on the other hand will be there to encourage you along your journey.
Here are a few tips I have for those of you going through this:
- Lead by example - make healthy food, eat healthy food, exercise, be positive. By showing people that you enjoy your life and the things you do, they will be more likely to understand.
- Explain when asked - if people don’t get why you’re skipping dessert or choosing grilled over fried, be prepared to explain that you want to put only good things in your body. It’s the only one you have, so you’re treating it well.
- Be patient - it may take your friends and family some time to adjust to this “new you”.. but so long as you give them time and remain patient with them, it’s more likely as time wears on that they will come to accept, and perhaps even join your new, healthy way of living!
Be prepared for some people to never accept this. As hard as it is to hear… you may come to find that some people in your life truly weren’t your friends to begin with. I myself discovered this… When I stopped raging every day and didn’t want to grab Taco Bell and lounge around on the couch all day, there were people who not only made fun of me and criticized me, they virtually disappeared from my life. In the end though, I’m thankful for this. It made it much easier to weed out the ones who were genuinely happy for me and WANTED me to be happy and healthy… and those that just wanted me to keep them entertained and make them feel better about their OWN lives.
Be strong, stay positive <3