Mind Motivation: How to Fit the Time for Exercise Into Your Everyday Schedule -
This article will tell you how to make time for exercising during the day!
- Walk. If you work at an office it may not be as easy as if you work at home. If you are going to write a message to someone who works on the same floor as you, or is a floor above or below you, write it down on paper and give it to them by hand rather than sending it by email or calling them. The same goes for if your work at home or are a stay at home parent. Instead of calling or text messaging a person that lives in your neighborhood, write it out on paper and stick it in their mailbox, or talk to them in person. If you have one, take your dog out for a walk with you!
- Play. When your kids get home from school, have them do their homework immediately while you cook a hearty meal for them. After the dishes are done, go for a walk or bike ride in you neighborhood for twenty minutes with the kids. You can even play a game of hide-and-go-seek-tag in the back yard. If you work in an office, take thirty minutes to play tag or bike ride with your family.
- Alone time. While your kids are at school, find some time to do some laps in your pool. This can be as long as one hour or as short as ten minutes. If you don’t have a pool, try taking an extra long walk with your dog, or taking a twenty minuet jog. For those people stuck in an office all day, look at your schedule and find at least twenty seconds in your day. If/when you do, get down and do ten pushups. If you share and office with someone, do it at a time when they are not there in the room with you. Make sure the door is closed!
- Walk some more. If you work inside of a building consider taking the stairs. If you work on the 35 floor try taking the stairs half way because you might lose time working at your desk.
- Eat Right. When at work consider bringing a healthy brown bag lunch. If you are having trouble figuring out what to bring, search ‘Healthy Brown Bag Lunch Ideas’ on Google. When you are at the store during your lunch break, instead of getting a brownie with that cup of coffee get an apple or a granola bar. If you work at home, or you are a stay at home parent, make yourself a healthy salad or a healthy sandwich.
- Repeat. If you continue to follow these simple steps, they will get easier the more that you do them.
continued from Raul Alejandro | typography [one]
“This was an a self motivated project to illustrate the alphabet. Each letter is hand drawn. Enjoy!” — Raul Alejandro
Love Letters - Hand Drawn Alphabet
OMG….THIS IS THE BEST POST I’VE SEEN TODAY
pre-workout kicked in
WHY CAN’T STUFF LIKE THIS GO VIRAL? Morehouse Whiz Kid is Causing a Stir: 13-Year-Old Dominates College. LOVE THIS STORY PLEASE READ MORE…
PLEASE SHARE! SHARE! SHARE!!!!!!
At thirteen years of age, Stephen Stafford is causing quite a stir at Morehouse College. Stafford has a triple major in pre-med, math and computer science. Though he loves playing video games and playing his drum set, he is no typical teenager. He is exactly the kind of student I had in mind when I wrote the book, “Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about College,” because he shows the power of the black male mind when we put our energy into things that matter most. Over the 17-years I’ve spent teaching at the college level, I have never seen anything more impressive, nor more reflective of what black men represent.
“I’ve never taught a student as young as Stephen, and it’s been amazing,” said computer science professor Sonya Dennis. “He’s motivating other students to do better and makes them want to step up their game.”
Stafford began his college career at the age of 11, after being home-schooled by his mother. Stafford’s mother said that when Stafford began to teach her instead of being taught by her, she knew he needed to be in a college environment. Since that time, he has excelled in his classes and continues to grow intellectually.
you know why this stuff isn’t viral
regardless, this is an amazing story
Officially jealous of a 13-year-old boy. Kudos, kid.
i know i will probably catch a ton of shit about this, but why does it even matter that this incredibly gifted young man is black? what the fuck does race have to do with the fact he is doing amazing things??????
^Because tons of black kids are told that they can’t do things like this all the time. It’s important for them to have a role model that they can relate to, someone that looks like them, and that they think they can be like one day. It’s just inspiring.
^dude it took me 5 years to get through college i was in my twenties i dont care what color he is, what he is doing is amazing. Everyone is told they cant do certain things, It is life people want other to fail, we are a cruel group of animals. Im in awe of this guy but i didnt think one time “oh wow, this kid is black” i thought ” oh wow, i wish more kids were like him”
I think you missed the point man. Not everyone gets the “you can be whatever you want to be!” speech when they’re younger, and seeing someone who is the same race as you doing amazing things will definitely be more relatable to someone young. It SHOULDN’T matter that he’s black, because everyone should be equal. But because they’re not, it does matter.
I def did not get the i can be whatever i want to be speech. What i wanted to be was not in the cards as i was born to short and slow. Race only matters when someone makes it an issue. everyone is not created equal or we would all be super smart and super athletic. My best friend plays in the NFL, and i out worked him day in and day out growing up. We were not created equal. This young man was not created equal. His gifts are not normal. It matters not that he is black. Is it more important for black children to see this post, than say Hispanic or white? If people think that way, than maybe they should start thinking about what racism really is.
I’M SORRY, BUT WHY THE FUCK IS IT A PROBLEM WHEN BLACK PEOPLE ARE IMPRESSED BY OTHER BLACK PEOPLE AND FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW OTHER BLACK PEOPLE HOW AMAZING THEY ARE?! WHY IS IT, WHEN ONE OF OUR CHILDREN IS FUCKING AMAZING, A FUCKING GENIUS, AND WE WANT TO CELEBRATE THAT CHILD IT IS ALWAYS: BUT WHYYYY IS ~RACE~~~))((00~~ EVEN A FACTOR?? BECAUSE IT’S FUCKING IMPORTANT. BECAUSE YOU BARELY EVER SEE YOUNG BLACK CHILDREN IN COLLEGE AT THE AGE OF 12. BECAUSE I HAVEN’T SEEN THIS KID’S MOVIE SCRIPT IN THE MAKING YET. BECAUSE A LITTLE BLACK CHILD MAY SEE THIS AND DECIDE TO BE BETTER. AND FINALLY BECAUSE HE.IS.BLACK. AND BLACK PEOPLE CAN BE FUCKING PROUD OF OTHER BLACK PEOPLE. AND IT CAN BE 100% BASED ON THE FACT THAT THIS KID IS A 12 YEAR OLD GENIUS ANNNDDDDDD HE’S BLACK. THE PROBLEM IS NOT THAT NO ONE WANTS A WHITE CHILD TO FEEL INSPIRED BY HIS STORY, IT’S THAT MAYBE JUST MAYBE A BLACK CHILD WILL SEE THIS, AND FEEL BETTER ABOUT HIMSELF IN A WORLD WHERE THE ONLY GENIUS HE’S EVER SEEN IS WHITE. GET THE FUCK OUT WITH YOUR PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE ANTI-BLACKNESS. DO NOT TAKE THIS CHILD’S RACE AWAY FROM HIM. BECAUSE HE IS A GENIUS AND HE IS BLACK AND BOTH ARE THOSE ARE IMPORTANT AND BOTH OF THOSE ARE REAL.
Race is only an issue if you make it one. And it’s a tired argument. Both y’all need a hug, grab a coke and smile.
Just sayin’ LOL.
If any of you are Paleo, or thinking about going Paleo, this is pretty handy. Remember, eating well for your health should be a lifestyle, not a short, means to an end! Share with friends & family!
i really enjoy the hell out of this. will’s kids.
They all look JUST like him
OH MY GOD. LOL
Jaden is slaying. Look at that arm lmao!!
I’ve reblogged this hundreds of times lmao
Who’s that one on the right though?
That’s Trey the unspoken son.
(Source: jadenylicious, via thehealthywarrior)
Being productive is all about building a lifestyle that enables just that. Here are some tips that can help you develop habits enabling productivity in your work place.
1. Remove all distractions from your life. For example, deactivate FaceBook or use site blockers. Cancel plans that do not contribute to what you have to do that take up energy and time.
2. Write a do-list the night before or in the morning. Set specific and small tasks. For example, instead of just planning ‘read chapter 6’ which might be too big of a task to complete in one day, write ‘read pages 234-260.’ This is much more specific and also much more reasonable because it accounts for how many pages you have to read. Furthermore, it helps you if you set estimated time to do each tasks. For example, ‘Read pages 234-260 between 3:30 and 4:40.’ Writing down the estimated time puts how much time you actually have in the day to do things in perspective.
COUNSELLING BLOG: How to Work Smart -
1. Make the most of those little slots of time – a free fifteen minutes here and there. You can accomplish a lot in those extra lost minutes.
2. Make your work place comfortable and inviting. For example, have an inspiring bookshelf, light a scented candle, put up a few crazy, fun photographs.
“I see we have an audience filled with procrasturbaters.” - Jon Stewart http://on.cc.com/157lLTK
We won some Webbys!
Our interactive Old Spice Muscle Music extravaganza racked up some major internet props this week in the form of a Webby win, 3 Webby People’s Voice awards, and a Clio award. High five, interwebs!
Fresh seafood from Tsukiji
June 2nd, 2012 in Futako-Shinichi, Tokyo